FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Janurary 10, 2024
This is a joint release with Victoria Gold Yukon Student Encouragement Society.
Applications are currently being accepted for the 2024–25 school year for Every Student, Every Day, a funding program run by the Victoria Gold Yukon Student Encouragement Society in collaboration with the Government of Yukon.
This funding initiative allocates $400,000 for projects aimed at improving student attendance in the 2024–25 school year.
These funds will support Yukon educators, schools, community organizations and First Nations throughout the territory to develop and implement grassroots projects to help improve attendance in Yukon classrooms.
The application process for project implementation during the 2024–25 school year is now open. The application form is available on Every Student, Every Day’s website at everystudenteveryday.ca and is also distributed by the Department of Education to all Yukon school principals. Projects can be submitted by educators, school administrators, school councils, Yukon First Nations governments and community groups.
The submission deadline is Friday, March 8, 2024.
Our government is excited to continue its partnership with the Victoria Gold Yukon Student Encouragement Society as we work together to support students to attend school and engage in their learning. The Every Student, Every Day initiative continues to offer communities an opportunity to undertake innovative, local solutions that resonate with their own students. We are pleased to once again increase our funding for this initiative and we look forward to many more success stories in the future.
– Minister of Education Jeanie McLean
We are pleased to increase our funding for projects that complements resources for schools for the promotion of attendance and learning for all students. We encourage applicants to reach out and discuss their project ideas or brainstorm how Every Student, Every Day could benefit their school or community so we can help support as many Yukon students as possible. We also want to thank our educators who remain committed to ongoing collaborative endeavours that enhance our children’s learning opportunities.
– Victoria Gold Yukon Encouragement Society President Tara Christie
- Every Student, Every Day is a funding program operated by Victoria Gold Yukon Student Encouragement Society, a registered Yukon Society and a registered Canadian charity.
- Since its establishment in 2012, the society, with support from the Government of Yukon and community partners, has directly supported more than 200 local projects with over $1.85 million raised primarily from Yukon businesses and individual donations.
- For the 2024–25 school year, the society has increased its funding to $300,000 and the Government of Yukon has increased its annual contribution to $100,000, for a total of $400,000.
- The application form is available on Every Student, Every Day’s website at www.everystudenteveryday.ca and is also distributed by the Department of Education to all Yukon school principals.
- A committee of volunteers comprising educators and Every Student, Every Day representatives will evaluate and select the successful proposals this spring.
Communications, Department of Education
President, Victoria Gold Yukon Encouragement Society